Home printers are versatile machines that handle all your printing needs. They come with numerous features such as 2-sided printing and automatic duplexing to offer fast printing with utmost accuracy. If you are hunting for a perfect printer within your budget preferences, we have got you covered!
Our Top Picks
|Best For Colour Printing||HP|
|Best Wireless Model||Pantum|
Top 18 Printers for Home In India
We have compiled the list of best printers for home by considering the expert inputs provided by Raghu, who has been an avid user of technology for 23+ years and has more than 20 years of experience in using printers from the era of dot-matrix printers to smart printers to latest 3D printers. Have a look!
Canon PIXMA All-in-One Colour Printer
The Canon Pixma printer quickly sets up and prints documents in a snap. This all-in-one printer comes in a compact and durable design to perfectly align with the home ambience.
For ease of access, it supports the printing of documents through smartphones, all thanks to its new Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. Further, by using the PIXMA cloud link, you can also print documents saved on cloud services like – Facebook & Dropbox.
Overall, if you are the one who wants to spend less time on printing and focus on other chores, Canon PIXMA G3000 is worth purchasing. You can even get them at a lower price using Canon offers and deals while shopping from eCommerce platforms.
- Print Yield: 7000 (Color) & 6000 (B&W) pages
- 4800*1200 DPI resolution
- A4, A5, and B5 printing sizes
- Supports iOS / Android connection
- Supports up to A4 size of borderless photo print
- Built-in integrated ink tank
- Available ink colors – black, cyan, yellow, and magenta.
- Print Speed: 8.8ppm (monochrome ) & 5ppm (color)
- Duty Cycle: 15000 prints
E-commerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.2 | Flipkart: 4.4 | Moglix: 4.3
HP Ink Tank Wi-Fi Colour Printer
Enhance your productivity using the HP Ink Tank colour printer that prints 1500 black and 8000 colour pages. With the help of spill-free refill, resealable bottles, and a unique tank system, you will keep the ink from spillage and monitor easily your convenience. It has a wireless network that can be connected to a router to print on pages effectively. You can print, scan, and copy from anywhere using the HP mobile app, Alexa, and Google Home.
- Print Yield:15000 black and white, 8000 colour pages
- HP Smart App Enables Printing via Smartphone
- 1200*1200 DPI resolution
- Duty Cycle: 15000 prints
- Wi-Fi Direct and High-speed USB 2.0 connectivity options
- Maximum printing speed – 5 ppm for colour, 8 ppm for monochrome
E-commerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.2 | Flipkart: 4.3 | Moglix: 4.5 | Reliance Digital: 5 | HP: 4 | Croma: 4.8 | Vijay Sales: 4.3
Brother Monochrome Laser Printer
This printing machine from Brother is suitable for printing at home, as well as for offices, schools, and other commercial places. The standard laser toner cartridge offer high-precision prints at a rapid rate. It has an auto-duplexing feature to print on both sides of paper efficiently. Further, the 250-page paper tray comes in a fully enclosed design to protect it from dust and moisture content.
- Print Yield: 2600 pages (monochrome i.e. only B&W prints)
- Print Speed up to 30ppm.
- 250-sheet capacity paper tray
- Resolution of 2400 x 600 DPI
- Automatic Two-sided printing feature
- Duty cycle: 10,000
- Compatible with all Windows OS.
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.4 | Flipkart: 4.5 | Moglix: 4.3 | Brother: 5
Epson Ink Tank Colour Printer
If you want to print your child’s school assignment in high quality from the comfort of your home, then investing in this Epson Ink Tank printer will be a wise decision. Designed to perform printing tasks at top speed, this printing device is an expert in handling large volumes. Offering prints with 5760*1440 dpi resolution featuring sharp and clear images is its specialty.
- Print Yield: 4500 black and white, 7500 colour pages
- Black and White prints at 27 ppm and colour prints at 15 ppm
- 5 ipm for colour and 8.5 ipm for black-and-white
- Printing speed at 27 ppm (black) and 15 ppm (colour)
- Duty cycles: 15,000 Prints
- Uses Epson’s exclusive Micro Piezo technology to give smooth, and great finish prints
- Supports printing on DL, C6, B5, A6, A4,and A5 page sizes
- Stylish and ergonomic design
- Ink tank printing technology
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.2 | Flipkart: 4.2 | Moglix: 4.6 | Epson: 4.5
HP Deskjet Ink Ultra 4826
It is now easy to print photos from your mobile devices when you bring home this HP Deskjet ink ultra 4826 multifunctional printer. Loaded with impressive connectivity features such as dual-band Wi-Fi direct, this device lets the users establish a wireless connection using an access point or a wireless router. It is worth mentioning that this device supports Apple AirPrint, Wireless print, and can also print directly from smartphones (iOS/Android).
- Print Yield: 2600 black and white, 1400 colour pages
- Ultra low-cost print and scan of everyday documents.
- Embedded with HP Smart App For Smartphone & Cloud Connectivity
- Print Speed of 7.5 ppm for color & up to 5.5 ppm for B&W.
- It comes with a 7-segment LCD with an optimized resolution of 4800 X 1200 dpi
- Comes with high-speed dual-band wireless that has self reset feature
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.1 | Flipkart: 4.1 | Moglix: 4.5 | HP: 3.9 | Croma: 4 | Vijay Sales: 4
Canon Pixma Wireless Colour Printer
Canon, a well-known brand, has introduced affordable multifunction printers under the Pixma to deliver a cost-effective printing experience. It is designed to offer prints with excellent connectivity features and is compatible with almost all Windows Operating Systems.
- Print Yield: 400 black and white, 180 colour pages
- Ability to print with 4800 X 600 dpi resolution
- Connectivity features: Google Cloud Print, Pixma printing solutions, Wi-Fi and USB
- Can print on letterheads, legal documents and on A4 papers
- Delivers black prints at 8 ppm and colour prints at 4 ppm
- Input tray capacity – 60 sheets
Ecommerce Rating: Amazon: 3.9
HP Deskjet Wi-Fi Colour Printer
If you are looking for an efficient printer that supports mobile printing, then this HP Deskjet 4178 wireless colour printer with superb connectivity features is the right choice. You can fax, scan, copy and print with this space-saving printing device in black and colour options by spending small amounts.
It comprises a 35-page automatic document feeder for easy scanning and copying of multiple pages. Moreover, the dual-band Wi-Fi with a self-reset option fosters reliable connections within the specified range. You can print documents effortlessly with the help of voice commands – Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Print Yield: 480 pages
- Comes with HP Smart App for mobile connectivity
- 2-inch touch mono display featuring amagic frame
- Black and white print – 8.5 ppm, Colour print – 6 ppm
- 1200 X 1200 print resolution
- 55 dB of acoustic pressure emissions
- Automatic document feeder (35 pages)
- Input tray with 60-sheet capacity
- Duty Cycle – 1000 pages each month
- USB and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Prints on DL envelope, A6, A4 and B5 page sizes
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.8 | Flipkart: 3.7 | Moglix: 4.8 | Croma: 4 | HP: 2.9
HP Deskjet 2338 Colour Printer
Be it printing photos, web pages, emails or documents, the HP Ink Advantage can consistently handle it all. This affordable printing appliance is the right choice for your home to tackle everyday printing tasks easily. The space-saving compact dimensions of this device make it fit well into the tight spaces of your work table.
This printing machine can even scan and copy by connecting to peripheral devices. It delivers high speed by operating at 7.5 ppm for monochrome and 5.5 ppm for colour printing. Print the pages in one go by downloading the HP smart app and then connecting it via a USB. Winding up, HP Deskjet 2338 printer is suitable for homes due to the sharp text and vibrant graphics printing using low-cost cartridges.
- Inkjet printing technology
- Printing speed of 7.5 ppm (monochrome) & 5.5 ppm (colour)
- Compatible with smartphones using HP Smart App.
- print speed is 20ppm for monochrome.
- USB 2.0, wired connector type
- Convenient control panel
- 1-year manufacturing warranty
- 2 GB hard disk space
- Supports 32-bit or 64-bit processors
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.8 | Flipkart: 3.6 | Moglix: 4.1 | HP: 3.2
HP DeskJet 2331 All-in-One Printer
HP Deskjet 2331 Printer churns out quality output at a low cost per page, making it a perfect choice for homes. This versatile all-in-one printer lets you connect through USB and helps you set up everything at your fingertips.
The user-friendly interface of the control panel lets you quickly streamline the printing process. You can even download the HP smart app on your device (smartphone, laptop, PC) and operate it without a hitch. It is also backed by a 1-year manufacturing warranty, with no additional charges for repairs.
- Thermal Inkjet printing technology
- Supports Windows 7, and 10 operating system
- 25 sheet output tray.
- For easy navigation, 5 button panel is available
- Maximum print speed: 7.5 ppm for black, 5.5 ppm for colour
- Supported formats: A4, B5, A6, DL envelope
- Smartphone connectivity enabled using HP Smart App
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.6 | Flipkart: 3.9 | Moglix: 4.4 | HP: 3.9
Pantum Monochrome Laser Printer
Pantum laser printers might be worth investing in as it offers seamless performance and is compatible with the Windows 10 operating system. You can place it anywhere freely to print the data on A4 pages at 22 ppm speed, thereby improving work efficiency.
Note: Before you start using the printer for the first time, take out the cartridge, remove the seal, and install it in the same place.
- Output: Monochrome
- Compact and sleek design
- All in one toner cartridge
- 20 ppm of maximum printing speed
- Smartphone and tablet connectivity ensured via Pantum Smart App
- Direct Wifi feature enabled
- Single Function Laserjet Printer
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.1 | Flipkart: 4.2 | Moglix: 4.2
HP DeskJet 1112 Single Function Inkjet Colour Printer
This single-function printing appliance from the renowned brand, HP is specifically designed to provide printouts in a jiffy. This energy star certified device based on HP Thermal Inkjet Technology comes with space-saving design to fit in urban apartments.
This HP model offers versatile functionality by incorporating high-capacity cartridges and other smart options. It supports 4800*1200 DPI for printing black text/images and 1200*1200 DPI resolutions for fine colour printing on paper. With the help of an ink cartridge, it can print approximately 190 pages in black and white format. Furthermore, the manufacturer also offers a 1-year warranty from the date of purchase to minimise the repairing costs.
- Print Yield: 190 black and white pages
- PPM of 7.5 for Black & White & 5.5 for Colour printing.
- Print resolution of 4800 X 1200 dpi
- Color print speed at 66 seconds
- Duty Cycle of 1000 prints per month.
- Compatible page sizes: DL envelope, A6, A4 and B5
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- Output tray with 25 sheet capacity
- Manual duplex printing mechanism
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.4 | Flipkart: 3.7 | Moglix: 4.6
Canon MG2570S Inkjet Printer
The Canon multifunction printer is a compact device designed to cater to the demands of domestic printing. This affordable printer can perform tasks like scanning, copying, and printing while cutting down cartridge ink costs. Sporting a lightweight body, this appliance is equipped with Auto Power On feature to allow the users to take complete advantage of its connectivity options.
- Print Yield: 100 black and white, 180 colour pages
- Can produce scans of 216 X 297 mm with an optical resolution of 600 X 1200 DPI
- Maintains a 14-second scan speed
- 4800 X 600 dpi resolution
- Printspeed of 4 ppm for B&W and 8ppm for color printing
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.4 | Flipkart: 3.7 | Moglix: 4.6
HP Laserjet Monochrome Printer
The HP P1108 Printer uses laserjet technology for fast printing and has a 7-inches display to view and operate the specific functionalities as per the printing needs. Moreover, this laserjet printer supports A4, A5, A6, and B5 pages, C5, DL, and B5 envelopes and postcards.
This is one of the best laser printers under Rs. 15000. However, if you want to get them at inexpensive prices, use the latest printer deals and discounts while shopping from reputed eCommerce stores. Overall, this HP laserjet printer is perfect for users who want fast printing along with scanning.
- Page Yield: 1500 pages
- Maximum print speed: 18 ppm
- Exceptional laser printing technology
- Duty cycle: Up to 5000 pages per month
- 266 MHz processor with 2 MB internal memory
- 1200×1200 dpi resolution
- Comes with an auto on/off technology that makes it an efficient energy saving unit
- This is embedded with built-in drivers and intuitive control panel
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.4 | Flipkart: 4.4 | HP: 4.0
HP Smart Tank Colour Printer
HP Smart Tank Colour Printer is another popular model among buyers as it features wireless connectivity for hassle-free printing. The printer’s USB port lets you connect quickly with a laptop or desktop. It has an easy-to-fill integrated ink tank and automatic ink sensor that indicates the amount of ink left for a refill. With the help of newly designed ink bottles, you can fill/refill ink bottles in specific colours. Overall, it is easy to set up, and you don’t have to wait for professionals to install the machine at home.
- USB 2.0 connectivity option
- Spill-free refill system
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Compact and integrated tank design
- It comes with an automatic ink sensor
- Maximum printing speed – 15 ppm for colour, 22 ppm for monochrome
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.0 | Flipkart: 4.1 | HP: 4.1
Ricoh C250 Color Laser Printer
Ricoh colour laser printer comes with full functionality of wireless LAN connection to support high-quality printing at home. You can connect to smart devices and take printouts without any hassle. The oil-less toner reduces discolouration and prevents blurring, thereby enhancing image quality. Moreover, the 4 colour toners have photoreceptors, and the tandem printing system makes it possible to apply toners to the transfer belt, enabling high printing speed.
- Maximum printing speed – 30 ppm for monochrome
- Heavy duty colour laser technology
- Automatic image position adjustment option
- 500-sheet paper feed unit
- Compact and stylish design
- Duty Cycle – 30,000 prints per month
- Ricoh Smart App enables smartphone connectivity.
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.5| Moglix: 4.0
Counted among the most-trusted wireless monochrome printers, the Xerox Phaser model offers printing with the utmost speed and consistency. It manages to hold and print on papers at a quick rate of 15000 pages duty cycle. You can connect this printing machine to your smart devices via USB and Wi-Fi, while the Xerox Phaser produces professional quality results in a snap.
- 20 ppm of maximum printing speed
- 128 MB of storage capacity
- 600*600 DPI resolution
- USB 2.0 ports for tangle-free connection
- Duty cycle of 15000 pages
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.5 | Flipkart: 3.7 | Moglix: 4.2
When it comes to printing documents, you need a quality printer. One such model in the list is the FS-1020 Monochrome Laser Printer from Kyocera. It has an integrated display that gives better access to operate the device and offers wireless connectivity for remote printing. It also performs specific tasks like copying and scanning important documents. Overall, it is easy to set up, and you don’t need any professional to install the machine.
- Compatible with Windows 11 OS
- 20,000 pages of monthly duty cycle
- Supports file formats – tiff, pdf, jpeg, bmp, and png
- Resolution is of 600dpi
- Printspeed of 20ppm
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 3.5
Finally, we end the list of best-rated printers for home with Konica. It has a new on-the-market control panel that allows you to explore intuitive layouts and large buttons. It is possible to digitize the documents in full colour and send them in the required formats (JPEG and TIFF). Moreover, the 5-line backlit LCD with clear error indications and illustrated guidance assist you in resolving problems with ease.
- 20 ppm for colour and monochrome
- Ethernet connectivity option
- Reverse auto-document feeder
- Supports Windows 11 operating system
- 256 MB of RAM size
- Print resolution – 600 X 600 DPI
Ecommerce Ratings: Amazon: 4.6 | Moglix: 4.7
Different Types Of Printers
With so many printer options available on the market, it’s hard to know which one is right for you. To simplify the process, we have provided different printing machines to let you pick one that best suits your needs. Have a look:
Laser printers are ideal for businesses that need high-quality prints consistently. It uses a laser beam to heat a toner material that embeds onto the paper. It can produce large volumes of high-resolution prints ranging from 300 to 2400 DPI for both text and graphics.
Inkjet printers are the most popular devices suitable for homes and offices. It uses ink cartridges to effectively handle multiple tasks like instant colour printing of text and images. You can pair with other devices using the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options. In a nutshell, Inkjet printers can be pretty expensive and yet offer top-notch performance.
3D printing machines produce three-dimensional objects using plastic, metal alloy, and polymer materials. It helps to create 3D prototypes of objects using CAD design software, making it an excellent choice to save time and money. Compared to laser models, 3D printers are a bit expensive to buy online.
If your sole purpose is to print photos of different sizes, then a photo printer is the best option for you. The photo printing machine uses pigment or dye-based cartridges to spray liquid onto a paper from the nozzle to offer a smooth printing experience. You can also opt for the portable photo printing device to print directly by connecting to a smartphone or tablet.
An LED printer uses a Light Emitting Diode (LED) as a light source in the printhead to perform the task of printing. These are more reliable than laser models due to their lightweight, compact design, and fast printing speed.
Ink Tank Printers
To enlighten you, the first ink tank printers came into existence in the year 2015 and since then it has emerged as an affordable printing option all across the globe. It is worth mentioning that instead of relying on printer cartridges to produce a print, ink tank printers use a refillable tank system and ink bottles to handle printing. These ink bottles are a far more economical printing solution than many original brand printer cartridges due to their high ink capacity, offering thousands of prints at an incredibly low cost per page.
Dot Matrix Printer
Dot Matrix, an impact printer, uses pins (ranging from 9-24) matrix and carbon ribbon to transfer the ink to paper. Due to its versatile functionality, it can be operated in different working environments – ATMs, POS terminals, and other cash register services.
Solid Ink Printer
Solid ink printers are advanced machines that can be a great alternative to ink and laser models. They use solid sticks, pearls, crayons, or granular ink materials to produce quality prints. Unlike other printing models, it consumes more power and requires more waiting time to heat the device.
Home Printers Buying Guide
Know Your Purpose: Knowing your purpose, like printing images, office documents, or more, is vital if you are willing to use the printer at home. It will eventually cut down the overall expenses.
Printing Speed: The time required to produce a single print using the printing machine. And its speed depends upon the printable formats (i.e. text or images) and the cartridges used.
DPI (Dots Per Inch): It helps to create high-resolution prints using the latest printing methods and software.
Duty Cycle: The duty cycle is calculated by considering the number of pages printed within a specific time limit without causing any damage to the machine.
Colour Options: If you want to print important data (text or images) in a colour format, you can buy colour printers from reputed eCommerce stores like Amazon, Flipkart, and Croma. They make the pages look visually appealing and are a bit more expensive than black and white printers.
Auto-duplexing: With this auto-duplexing, the printer can print the content on both sides of the paper. This remarkable feature is now equipped in the latest printing models that are currently trending.
Encryption Standards: As printers are connected to the internet, there are chances that hackers might steal your personal information. Hence, modern printers have high-end encryption standards like user authentication, communication protocols, and data protection.
RAM: The latest printing devices have built-in memory to store large amounts of data and print without delays, thereby minimising errors. You can even upgrade the storage capacity, as some models come with SD card slots.
Cloud Printing: It allows the users to print the pages on any device (smartphone, tablet, laptop) by connecting to the internet. Apart from these, you can also make use of the Wi-Fi, USB, and ethernet connections for the smooth functioning of the device.
Pricing Factor: To evaluate the overall cost of a printer, you need to consider the toner cost, power consumption, downtime, and repair costs. For instance, if you do not wish to spend more money, you can purchase the basic models of inkjet and photo printers. If pricing is not your concern, prefer buying high-end lasers and 3D printer models.
In the end, I would just like to add that though the above list has been prepared by taking into account the expert views, still, everything mentioned here is from a totally neutral standpoint. I hope it will help you make a judicious decision, while looking out to buy a printer for your home use. The list above is comprehensive and detailed, and all the major printers are included. If anything is missing from your point of view, do let us know through the comment section below. We hope you enjoy reading this blog!
Printer – Frequently Asked Questions
1) Which are the best printer brands for home use?
HP, Canon, and Epson are popular brand printers widely used at home due to their printing speed, quality, and ease of access.
2) How does a printer work?
The printer converts images and texts into a printable format using the laser beam software and miniscule dots to recreate data on the page.
3) What factor to consider while buying a portable printer?
You must look for quality, printing speed, cartridges, colour prints, DPI, storage, and smart connectivity options.
4) How long does a printer last?
The average lifespan of a printer lasts around 3-5 years when maintained properly.
5) What is the average printing speed of a laser printer?
On average, you can print 20 to 30 pages per minute using the laser printer.