Badminton is definitely a favorite of many. Simply because it is easy to play and does not require much skill.
Everybody for 10 years and above can play the game. But if you are playing with children, you might have to look for rackets that are light in weight, and can be easily used.
Similarly, adults playing the game might be okay with rackets which are heavier and even stronger.
Many racket sets come along with a set of badminton shuttlecocks too. These corks are usually in par with the type of the rackets themselves. It is better to use the corks that came with the rackets for the best play.
And if you are looking to buy a pair or more of badminton rackets for yourselves, then you can consider any from the below list. We have categorized these as per their usage, quality and the price. At the same time, you would also get to know more info about the rackets
- For Advanced Badminton
- For Intermediate players
- For Beginners
- For Kids
Yonex Graphite Badminton racket
Your racket must be able to bear even strong hits by the opposite player. Thus, it must have high tension support.
The racket from the well known sports brand Yonex, in fact, has a tension support of 30 lbs.
Another important feature of this type of racket is its muscle power frame. What this means is when the cork hits the frame, it automatically locates the nearest string and fits the cork there thus helping you hit a shot even in such a situation with ease. This reduces the power you would have to have applied and reduces the fatigue caused by hitting the cork with the frame. It also increases the chances of a better shot so you can score a point.
Moreover, the material used is Carbon graphite which is also light in weight. It is a well balanced racket that weighs just right of about 85 gms.
It’s a great choice for adults who love playing badminton. You could take this to the fields or even the sports center you visit.
String pattern: High performance
Muscle power: 29 pounds
Good for: Beginners, intermediate players
Li-Ning G-Force Superlite 3700 Carbon-Fiber Badminton racket with Free Full Cover
The head of this particular racket is built of a multi layer carbon graphite which provides better attack mode. Moreover, the beam system in it improves your performance and swing speed on the court with its Aerotec technology which is based on aerodynamics and advanced calculation. Its Dynamic optimum frame is a complete power package and the perfect balance between sports performance and safety.
The shaft is crafted with an elastic material and has a diameter of 0.7 mm that perfectly reflects the intention of the player.
Works great for intermediate and professional players.
Tension range: 30 t0 32 pounds
Weight: 79 gms
Li-Ning XP 2020 Special Edition Blend Strung Badminton racket With Free Head Cover
The shaft is made up of Duraluminum material which is a special kind of alloy of aluminium and ferrum (which is nothing but iron). The material gives to it a weight property yet strength that enables the player to fire shots and maintain flexibility at the same time.
Its power frame allows maneuverability of the racket with reduced air resistance. It in fact has Xtra Smash technology which increases the repulsion and lets you create smashing shots.
The frame has an isometric square shape that increases the sweet spots on the mesh area. This is made possible due to the equidistant strings both horizontal and vertically.
The strings of this racket can be replaced at any sports store. It has 24 rows as compared to 22 on most other rackets fitted in a large face.
Weight: 89 to 92 gms
Yonex ZR 100 Light Aluminium Badminton racket with Full Cover | Made in India
ZR 100 is an alu badminton racket. Its design was inspired by Yonex’s technology to give enough handling ability for striking shots. This frame is built to give you power and control. It has a high torsion steel shaft and a soft foam grip, making it comfortable to hold and swing.
- Light Weight – The racket weighs just 95 grams which makes it easy to swing and maneuver.
- High Durability – It is made of high quality aluminium, which gives it a lightweight. The high durability ensures that it will serve you for a long time.
- Low Tension – The low tension helps in increasing the accuracy of your shot, making your shots accurate and straight.
Playing Level – Beginner, Intermediate.
Grip Size – G4 (3.5 inches)
Grip Material: Polyurethane
Head Size : 40 sq/in
FEROC 2 Pieces Aluminium Badminton Racket with 3 Pieces Feather Shuttles with Full-Cover Set
Whether you’re a beginner or an intermediate level player, Feroc Aluminum Badminton is the perfect racket for you. You can play badminton with your family, friends, and loved ones at the home playground or badminton courts. The racket is light in weight and easy to handle. It might be the perfect option if you are playing with children. Made of aluminum it is very light in weight. AT the same time, it is an affordable pair of rackets as you get 2 in the pack.
Not only that, you also get 3 piece feather shuttles with the set. If you are taking it to a playground or just while you are having a day out with your family, simply slide it into the bag that it comes with and have fun on the go.
YOUNG (Malaysia) Fury 7 Graphite Lightweight Professional Badminton Racket
This is a graphite racket that is lightweight at 5U (75 grams). The flexibility of the shaft is excellent for the beginner and intermediate players. With a tension of up to 28-lb with 24-ton built with high modulus graphite, it will be able to withstand the abuse from advanced players.
The Fury 7 Graphite has no joints and connectors and is one single piece of metal. Besides, it has a grip that’s super effective to take on any opponent. The rackets have very good elasticity too, so it is perfect for all kinds of strokes and techniques.
- High modulus graphite – Our lightweight graphite is designed to give you more power and control.
- Flexible shaft – Our flexible shaft gives you the power to swing the racket at a high speed, while giving you the comfort of not being too heavy.
- Anti corrosion – The racket is made of high quality graphite and anti-corrosion material. It won’t easily rust or chip away.
- Other features: High restorability, anti-torsion, greater elasticity and grip
Head Shape: Isometric Shape
Yonex Nanoray Light 18i Graphite Badminton racket (77g, 30 lbs Tension)
It is the best racket for fast shots and easy control. Light weight racket has enough balance and is built with an Isometric frame, this helps to control the shot.
- Ultra lightweight – it’s the lightest racket on the market, 30 lbs, less than half of other racket s.
- Carbon graphite shaft – it’s the lightest shaft on the market, 30 lbs, less than half of other shafts.
- High tension frame – it’s a high tension frame, perfect for fast shots and power shots.
- Built in a T joint – isometric frame gives you more stability in your shot, you can control the ball better than before.
- Isometric frame – it’s an isometric frame which helps to control the shot better than before.
Frame Material – Carbon Graphite
String Tension – 30 lbs
Grip Size – G4 (3.5 inches)
Balance Type – Headlight
Head Shape – Isometric Head Shape
Feroc Steel Shaft Badminton Racket Set of 2 with 3 Pieces Nylon shuttles with Full Cover
Feroc is a well-known brand in India, famous for its quality products. For the beginners, this one is the best choice for quality badminton rackets. Feroc Steel Shaft Badminton Racket is a set of 2 rackets which also has 3 Pieces Nylon shuttles in the pack. Additionally a full cover will make sure all the items are protected at all times. This is a durable product and it is light weight as well. It has a steel shaft and has an excellent grip.
It’s a good choice if you need to buy it for your child. Additionally, its cost effectiveness makes it a choice if you are under a budget.
- Shaft material – The Feroc shaft is made of high-quality steel, which gives it durability and longevity.
- Lightweight racket – This racket is lightweight and easy to swing, making it ideal for junior players.
- Amazing grip – Our unique grip design gives you excellent control and power.
Neulife Badminton Steel Racket with 3 Shuttlecock (Multicolor,Set of 2)
Neulife Badminton Steel Racket is a high quality badminton racket that is perfect for both beginners and intermediate players. It is an ideal choice for beginners because it is lightweight and has an excellent balance. The design of the racket is also ergonomic which makes it comfortable to use.
- Alloy steel – Made of high quality alloy steel, the racket has a good balance and durability
- 3 Shuttlecock (multicolour – set of 2) – The package includes two different colors of shuttlecock (Multicolor, Set of 2)
- Excellent balance – The weight of the racket is 500 grams which gives you a better control over the ball
Grip Size: 3(¼) inches
Weight: 500 g
YONEX GR 303 Strung Badminton racket
Yonex GR 303 Strung Badminton racket is a Strung racket for intermediate players. The Yonex GR 303 Strung Badminton racket is a strung racket for intermediate players. It has an attractive light-weight frame and comfortable Yonex racket grip. This racket has an attractive light-weight frame and comfortable Yonex racket grip. The YONEX GR303 is a powerful racket that offers more power and control than the average racket.
- Aluminium racket – A solid, durable and lightweight aluminium racket, perfect for a beginner or intermediate player
- Better strokes – It has an isometric grip, which gives you more control over the ball, making your strokes faster and more accurate
- Amazing shape – The YONEX GR 303 Strung Badminton racket features an Isometric string pattern that gives you more control over your shots and lets you practice your shots anywhere, anytime!
Weight : 95-99.9 grams
Grip type: G3 3.5 Inches
Buying guide for rackets
It’s an important investment that you can’t afford to make the wrong choice. You know you’re making the right choice, though. The best racket will make all the difference in your performance, and the best one will be at a very reasonable price. For your convenience we have done all we can to compile this buying guide, giving you all the information you’ll need to find the perfect racket. We have identified what makes a good racket and also highlighted some of your choices if you are looking for the perfect one for you.
Parameters to judge a racket upon
Grip: G1 to G6
G1 is the biggest grip of 4 inches, and the G6 is the smallest one (2.75 inches)
Choosing the right grip size depends on the size of your hands. Try one out before you get one. The better the grip fits inside your palm, the more power is led into your arm. This in turn causes more finger/ wrist power.
Weight: U to 5U
5U is the lightest one, whereas U is the heaviest one. Extremely light frames might be uncomfortable for some, whereas really heavy ones can be too. Select the one that works best for you.
Head shape: Oval, isometric, square
Square shape offers the most string area.
Oval shape is sort of narrow in the top and bulged at the part that connects the shaft.
Isometric is a completely symmetric shape which is in fact proper oval.
Shaft: flexible, medium, stiff
A flexible shaft can be more aerodynamic affecting your strike in a positive way. Whereas, stiff pens can need more power from the player. Especially for trickier shots, it can be cumbersome.
Balance: Head heavy, Balance, Head light