We Have Listed The Best Onam Offers On Mobiles, Laptops & Tvs - GrabOn
|Onam Offers 2020||Discounts & Coupons|
|Amazon||Up to 60% Off On Mobiles & Accessories|
|Myntra||Get Extra Rs 500 Off On Fashion|
|Dell Laptops||Up to Rs 20,000 Off On Laptops & Accessories|
|MakeMyTrip||Up to Rs 1000 Off + Rs 1000 Supercash On Flights|
|Pepperfry||Get Flat Rs 1000 Off On Furniture|
What Is Onam And Why Is It Celebrated?
Onam is the harvest festival in Kerala that's celebrated every year to bid adieu to the monsoon season. Right after the land turns green with the bounty of heavenly showers, the state of Kerala gathers to mark the beginning of the harvest season with festivities and celebrations. Onam is the biggest festival in Kerala and is celebrated every year for 10 long days, embracing the rich culture and traditions of the state in its best form. From the Snake boats to Pookalam, Onam is one of the most colorful and eco-friendly festivals in the world. If you haven't witnessed Onam celebrations already, it's time to book your tickets to Kerala.
What Is The Significance Of Onam?
Apart from celebrating the harvest season, the legend of Onam goes back to ancient times. During the reign of the demon king Mahabali, the people of the state were happiest and prosperity bloomed. Though a demon, King Mahabali was supremely generous towards his people and never let anyone return empty-handed. The Gods were threated by his popularity and fame among the people and so, Lord Vishnu disguised himself as a dwarf Brahmin to test the King. The dwarf asked for land as much as "three paces" and the King accepted.
The dwarf changed his appearance to a cosmic one and in his one step, he covered the entire earth, in his second, the sky. He then asked the King where should he keep the third step and to save the people, Mahabali asked him to keep his third step on his neck. The dwarf later revealed his identity and appeared as Lord Vishu who was highly impressed by the King's devotion and granted him the boon to return to Earth once every year. Since then, the people of Kerala celebrate Onam to mark the arrival of Mahabali on earth for a day.
When Is Onam 2020?
In the year 2020, Onam starts from the 1st of September and ends on the 13th of September. However, according to the Malayalam calendar, the Onam festival is celebrated in the Malayalam month of Chingam. The festivities last for 10 long days and each day has its own importance.
10 Days Of Onam 2020
To celebrate Onam in its full fervor, it's important to understand the 10 days and their significance. Here's all that you need to know.
- Day 1 Atham- The first day of Onam marks the beginning of King Mahabali's journey towards Kerala. To welcome him, people create flower carpet, Pookalam, in front of their houses. The Pookalam is increased a little bit every day.
- Day 2 Chithira- The preparations to welcome the King is taken a step further by cleaning the houses and increasing the flower carpet.
- Day 3 Chodi- This day marks the beginning of the shopping spree for Onam. There are various Onam offers and discounts that make shopping even better.
- Day 4 Vishakam- On the 4th day, people play games to take the festive feeling a notch higher. Different competitions are organized for everyone. This festivity is called Onakalikal.
- Day 5 Anizham- This is the most interesting part of the Onam celebrations. On this day, snake boat races start.
- Day 6 Thriketa- From this day, the festivities begin in full swing. Schools, colleges, etc are closed from Thriketa till the last day of Onam. people start dedicating all their time towards the preparations for the festival.
- Day 7 Moolam- People indulge in Ona Sadhya and the traditional dance performances on the 7th day.
- Day 8 Pooradam- On this day, people install the statues of Vamana (dwarf Brahmin) and King Mahabali in the middle of the Pookalam.
- Day 9 Uthradom- It's the day when the households smell of all things delicious. People cook delicacies to welcome the king the following day.
- Day 10 Thiruonam- On the final day, the entire state of Kerala is decorated with flowers and people wear new clothes to welcome the King. People doll up to celebrate the festival and indulge in an elaborate Onasadhya - the Onam special meal.
Checkout The Best Onam Offers On Amazon
This Onam, Amazon is offering amazing offers on everything. Dedicating a special page to Onam, Amazon has created the Onam Store@Amazon.in to help you shop at your ease. Do take a look at the page for great offers on fashion, household, electronics, and many other categories. The store has eco-friendly gifts as well as decorative items.
Onam Sale On Electronics and Mobile Phones
Onam is the time when people binge shop. Looking out for the best Onam coupons and offers is obvious and so, online portals are showering the best Onam discounts on electronics, mobiles, and many more. There are great discounts on refrigerators, AC's, washing machines, etc for you to check. Scroll up and get your hands on some of the most exciting coupons and deals.
Thiruonam Offers on Flights, Cars, and Buses
We all need to visit God's own country during Onam. Kerala is beautiful throughout the year but it's magical during Onam and you cannot miss the celebrations. The super amazing snake boat races, magnificent flower carpets, royal Sadhya, and the aura that takes over the place throughout Onam is a different experience. Check out Onam special travel offers on flights and buses. GoAir has 10% off on flight tickets while Zoomcar has weekend special offers on self-drive cars.
Celebrate Onam WIth GrabOn To Get Best Offers
At GrabOn, we aim at making your day super special with our best coupons and deals. From travel to fashion, we have everything covered just for you. Indulge in some amazing Onam shopping without worrying about burning your pocket ‘cause we have got your back. Onam special offers from GrabOn is for all the shopaholics who love retail therapy more than anything. Check out the listed coupons and save the maximum on your shopping. Get Rs 1000 off when you shop for Rs 3999 on Pepperfry, special 35% off on Oyo, and many more.