Have you often been awestruck with how quickly our mothers and grandmothers stitched clothes for us? Did some small tidbits or even some repair work so rapidly and effortlessly? Then you’d know how sewing machines were a powerful asset in most homes. Why, the best sewing machines in India found a place in well-lit, comfortable corners of most homes earlier. Are you too trying to sew your clothes and not run to the tailor every time you need a minor fitting done? Then you must be looking to purchase the best sewing machine for yourself. And we are here to help.
Sewing machines have seen a lot of change in their technology and utility in the past few decades. They are no longer bulky machines with just a few standard features. They now have an elaborate stitching menu, are more comfortable to use, look stylish and sleek, run on electricity as well can be manually operated. These are specifically designed to cater to the GENX style of clothing. Having the right sewing machine at your home is an investment you won’t regret. You can even do a variety of art and craft, mending, hemming, and other stitching jobs to become independent as well.
But first, we should know about the best sewing machines in India, although the most popular brands remain to be Usha and Singer. Let’s take you through the top sewing machines, detailing their salient features and prices.
If you are wondering whether or not you should buy sewing online, then we want to let you know that you get better deals and discounts on products.
Have a Look at 10 Best Sewing Machine in India for 2020
1. Usha Janome Automatic Stitch Magic Sewing Machine
Usha has some brilliant sewing machines, which are not just technologically advanced but also offer the same joy of traditional sewing. Even if you are a beginner, you will find this sewing machine as easy to use and benefit from its many stitching applications. Features include-
- It is an electronic sewing machine, with automatic straight/zig zag stitch, automatic threading in the needle, automatic thread cutter and 23 different built-in stitching designs.
- It has a full aluminium body and a built-in motor.
- The functional display is colour coded to be read accurately.
- It comes with a free arm for circular stitching and 1-step buttonhole.
- It offers 57 stitching functions including button fixing, rolled hemming, stretch stitching, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, satin stitch, smocking, etc.
- For thicker and heavy fabrics, there is a triple strength stitch feature.
- Weighing 10.1 kg, it comes with a handle so that it can be carried with ease.
Price: With a 2-year warranty, a home demo and some useful accessories, this top-rated sewing machine in India can be bought online for Rs. 16849/-.
2. Singer 8280 Sewing Machine
Singer has been another popular sewing machine brand that has stood the test of time. Singer 8280 sewing machine is for those people who want to store it anywhere conveniently and use it as and when desired. Though it looks compact, it can perform the best embroidery and other stitching tasks with finesse.
- Easily the most popular sewing machine in India, it comes with as many as 24 stitching functions and seven built-in stitch patterns
- It also has a free arm for circular stitching
- It is lightweight, portable, compact yet robust with a heavy-duty interior metal frame and powerful motor
- Comes with a 4 step buttonhole foot
Price: This reliable sewing machine comes with a two years warranty and is one of the best sewing machines under Rs. 10000. It is priced at Rs. 9480 on Amazon.in
3. Singer Promise 1408 Sewing Machine
One of the popular sewing machines in India under Rs. 10000 is Singer Promise 1408. It is as good for beginners as it is for experts. You can unleash your creative potential with this good quality sewing machine and experiment with new stitches, embroidery, zig-zag, and other repair work as well.
- Comes with eight built-in stitches – including six basic stitches like straight, satin, zig-zag, one decorative and one automatic 4-step buttonhole.
- Easy and convenient threading feature and an automatic bobbin winder make setting up the machine fairly easy
- The arm can be removed for circular stitching like cuffs, collars, etc.
- Easy on-off in a snap with the snap-on presser feet
- The machine remains in position and still when being used, thanks to the heavy-duty metal frame
Price: With a two-year warranty you can get this amazing sewing machine for Rs. 7299.
4. Usha Janome Dream Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Convenience, comfort, creativity and advanced features come together with the Usha Janome Dream Stitch automatic zig-zag sewing machine. Being compact, it can easily fit in your closet or cupboard, and you don’t have to make room especially for it.
- The sewing machine comes with two dials for pattern and stitch length selection on a colourful coded functional plate.
- This has seven built-in stitches and 14 applications like smocking, lace stitching, zip fixing, quilting, etc. This sewing machine makes it easy to stitch new clothes and patterns and even repair torn clothes.
- A sewing light makes it easy to sew even in low power.
- A 4 step buttonhole, stitch length control feature and a free arm for circular stitching.
- Auto tripping bobbin system, automatic needle threading and drop feed for embroidery are some other features to look forward.
- Triple strength stitch for thicker fabrics and denims etc.
Price: You can get this complete package of creativity and convenience at Rs.7284 under a deal running on Amazon.in.
5. Singer Start 1306 Sewing Machine (White)
This pristine-looking compact sewing machine is largely affordable for many people and comes with a host of advanced features. If you are looking for a sewing machine under Rs. 8000, then you will like Singer Start 1306 sewing machine for the price as well as the features.
- With six built-in stitches and a 4 step buttonhole, Singer start is ideal for people who have just started to sew and are beginners
- Quick and easy threading, dual spool pins for twin needle sewing, a heavy-duty metal frame so that you can sew without the machine skipping, and an extra-high presser foot lifter makes it easy to start your sewing journey
- Comes with a preset stitch length and width and LED lighting for comfortable sewing
- Lightweight and portable for easy storage and moving it around
Price: With a two-year warranty and the promise of Singer, you can get this sewing machine at a very affordable price of Rs. 6749.
6. Usha Janome Excella Automatic Zig-Zag Sewing Machine
Another quality sewing machine under Rs. 10000 is the Usha Janome Excella that lives by the promise of its name. It looks spectacular with its robust metal body construction and offers many advanced features such as –
- 2 dials for pattern and stitch length control
- A free arm for easy stitching on difficult areas such as collars, cuffs, trouser hems, etc.
- 13 built-in stitches and nine applications including four step button holing, button fixing, rolled hemming, blind stitch hemming, zip fixing makes it ideal for home use
- It is lightweight and comes with a carrying handle for easy maneuverability.
Price: Usha Janome Excella is priced at Rs. 9294 online and comes with a two-year warranty on the product.
7. Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine
A budget sewing machine that is easy to operate and takes you back to your childhood when sewing at home was so common is the Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite sewing machine. A basic sewing machine, you can use it for the home with ease and without investing a lot of money.
- This sewing machine functions on a manual mechanism and comes with a lever-type stitch regulator and an auto tripping bobbin wind
- It has a traditional screw-type presser that helps in adjusting the pressure of the presser foot on the fabric being stitched
- A smooth stitching experience is guaranteed as it can be used for both straight stitches and elaborate embroidery.
- This hand-operated sewing machine adds a personal touch to all fabrics you sew together
- It comes with a plastic base and a cover to put on it when not in use
- It is an ISI marked sewing machine with a traditional shuttle race for easy use and maintenance
Price: With one year warranty on the product, you can buy this traditional sewing machine at just Rs. 3699, making it one of the most popular sewing machines under Rs. 5000.
8. Singer Tradition FM 2250 Sewing Machine
Another popular budget sewing machine in India by Singer is the Tradition FM 2250 sewing machine. Not only is it priced under Rs. 10000, it is also loaded with advanced features making it one of the best sewing machines in India.
- Change stitches in one easy step with the easy stitch selection feature
- Ten built-in stitches with one automatic 4 step buttonhole make sewing easy and convenient, no matter what the project
- Whether it is fixing zips, cordings, topstitching, etc., you can easily change needle positions
- Difficult to reach areas including cuffs, collars, etc. can be easily stitched with the circular free arm feature
- Quick and easy threading, four segment feed dog system, and easily adjustable stitch length and zig-zag width makes it an ideal sewing machine for home use
Price: Own this versatile sewing machine from Singer at an affordable price of Rs. 7575 with a two years warranty on the product
9. Usha Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine
Consistently providing the best sewing machines in India, Usha’s Janome Wonder Stitch Automatic Zig-Zag Electric Sewing Machine lives up to our expectations as well. Priced well under Rs. 10000, it is indeed a good sewing machine both for beginners and pros alike.
- Automatic needle threading, triple strength stitch, automatic feed dog drop, and a drop feed for embroidery are some of the best features of Usha Janome Wonder Stitch sewing machine
- 13 inbuilt stitch designs with a 4 step button holing make all your sewing projects easier
- Also has 21 sewing applications including blind stitch hemming, zip fixing, stretch stitching making it easier to sew different styles and different fabrics
- You can select the pattern and stitch length from the color-coded functional faceplate easily
- Free arm makes it easier to sew even difficult-to-reach areas with ease
- Lightweight, it comes with a carrying handle for easy maneuverability
Price: Grab your Usha Janome Wonder Stitch sewing machine for Rs. 9999 under a scheme from Amazon.in with a two-year warranty on the product.
10. Brother GS 3700 Sewing Machine
Although last on the list of best sewing machines in India, this one is perfect for home use without many complicated features to boast. However, you do not get a home demo with this product.
- It has an automatic needle threading system and a 1 step button hole
- It is a traditional metal chassis sewing machine that makes home furnishing projects and dressmaking easy jobs
- You can control the stitch length and width and also use the picot footer
- Easy to complete many sewing projects with as many as 71 built-in stitches
- It also has a LED light that makes it easy to sew even in low light set ups
- It has top load bobbing system in place
Price: This Japanese technology sewing machine can be bought for Rs. 12200 and is undeniably one of the best sewing machines under Rs. 15000.
So this is our list of top sewing machines in India, classified as budget sewing machines, machines under Rs. 5000, 8000 and Rs. 10000. Whether you are a beginner, a professional or a hobbyist, having a good sewing machine at your disposal will not only save you time and money but will also unleash your creative side. And don’t worry, there are tons of tutorial videos on YouTube that can make you a sewing master in no time!