More About CRY
CRY (Child Rights and You) is a social organization that was founded back in 1979 by Rippan Kaur along with 6 of his friends. 4 decades later, the NGO has changed the lives of over 2 million children from underprivileged homes across the country. CRY operates through initiatives like fellowship programs, volunteer projects, and networking & forging alliances with partner NGOs. At present CRY has close to 850 initiatives in action throughout 23 states in India.
For more info, log on to https://www.cry.org
The main aim of CRY has been to connect the grassroots organizations with the millions of Indians willing to provide resources to help them function. This linking has helped resolve the issues related to the shortage of resources through fundraiser events and other strategic alliances with fellow non-profit organizations. Their vision is to protect the rights of every child and provide a healthy and happy future where they won’t be subjected to indignity, injustice, and inequality. CRY is committed to their mission of motivating Indians to take responsibility for the underprivileged children and help them through individual and collective effort.
How can your contribution help?
Education is the backbone of any society and more so when it comes to primary education for children. Literacy empowers the child and has a positive impact on his/her growth. CRY is fighting for every child who isn’t able to go to school or has to drop out due to economic and social factors.
- It is noticed that children between the age of 11-14 years are most prone to dropping out of school.
- In fact, 1 in 4 children of schooling age doesn’t have access to education. According to a Census report of 2011, 99 million children have dropped out of school
- Only 32% of children complete their school education within the appropriate age (Source: District Information System for Education 2014-15)
- The Census report 2011 also states that there are close to 10.13 million child laborers in between age 5-14 working in India
- The number of children between age 5-18 working in India had reached 33 million in 2011.
- 42% of married women in India were subjected to child marriage (District Information System for Education 2014-15).
- 1 in every 3 child bride in the world is an Indian girl (UN).
By providing children with the right to education, you can essentially empower them to resist social evils like child marriage, child labor, and further exploitation.
You can help by
Spread The Kindness By Sharing
- Donating online to the cause of child rights and CRY will work with the grassroots organization to make sure your contribution brings a positive change.
- Becoming a CRY volunteer and actively take part in campaigns such as Get Healthy | Give Healthy (2015), Let Her Fly (2015), Right To School (2016), and Joy of Five (2016) aimed at implementing child friendly policies, rehabilitation for natural calamity affected children, and spreading awareness about child rights.
- Enrolling for corporate funding and partnership
- Purchasing CRY products where the proceedings will fund happiness
About This Organisation