Here's a list of our best Holi coupons and offers for 2018
|Category ||Offer |
|Travel & Hotels ||Up to 50% Off |
|Holi Gifts ||Up to 60% Off |
|Fashion & Lifestyle ||Up to 80% Off |
|Food ||Flat 20% Off + Upto 25% Cashback |
When Is Holi 2018? Holi is one of the most well known Indian festivals to the outside world, closely followed by Diwali. Dubbed as the festival of colors, here are some holi facts - If we dig deeper into the history of holi, it becomes clearer as to why we celebrate holi festival? It is shown to bring people of different backgrounds together. It’s the great equalizer that even reconciles enemies. It is celebrated on a full moon day of the Hindu calendar of Phalguna. The festival celebration and rituals last for 2 days and conclude with the Holika Dahan Puja also known as Chhoti Holi. Rang Panchami is celebrated on the next day where people play with gulal and colored water. Holi festival in India 2018, begins on 1st March and ends on 2nd March. Apart from bright and vibrant colors, Holi is synonymous with sweets and savories like gujiya, malpua, bhang ki pakori, dal kachori, different types of laddus and other delicacies. Read on to find out more about them. During these festivals, tons of online portals will offer amazing deals and discounts, like the holi sale on Flipkart. Below we’ll explain why you should shop online this holi, to avail the holi offer online shopping provides along with the numerous holi offers online.
Types Of Holi Celebrations In India There are different types of celebrations when it comes to the festival of colors, starting from the North to the South and extending to the Eastern and Western parts of the country. While some portray the culture and arts of the region, others celebrate the warrior spirit of the people. Let’s take a look at some of the variety in terms of how Holi is celebrated throughout the country:
- Lathmar Holi, Barsana - Going by mythology Holi finds its origins in the Barsana region of India, which includes Vrindavan, Mathura, Nandgaon, and Barsana. The celebrations here not only include the use of colors but also lathis (wooden or bamboo sticks). Traditionally, the women of the community run after the men with lathis in hand, during the ritual. Don’t worry it’s all in good fun and no one gets hurt.
- Khadi Holi Uttarakhand - Celebrated in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand, the local populace dresses in traditional wear and engage in song and dance sessions. They sing Khari songs in groups and greet passersby. There are different variations of this musical toli, the likes of Baithika Holi, Mahila Holi and more. Now, you too can be a part of the celebrations by dressing up ethnic wear with Holi discount on online shopping using the holi offer on Amazon!
- Hola Mohalla, Punjab - Hola Mohalla or the warrior Holi, is celebrated by Nihang Sikhs where a mesmerizing blend of martial arts and ballads can be witnessed. It is celebrated a day before Holi.
- Basant Utsav and Dol Jatra, West Bengal - If you haven’t been to Shantiniketan during Holi, you need to. Celebrated as Basant Utsav, the students dress up in saffron and perform the beautiful traditional song and dance sequences. During Dol Jatra, the idols of Radha-Krishna are taken out in a procession and people join in the fun by applying colors on each other.
- Shigmo, Goa - The Shigmo festival in Goa is a wonderful mix of the traditional folk culture and the street dance moves, performed by the local farmers. This is an event, no tourist should ever miss.
- Yaosang, Manipur - Yaosang is a six-day event in Manipur which combines the Hindu traditions with those of the indigenous tribes. Yaosang celebrations begin on the full moon day and the specialty of the festival is a Manipuri folk dance, called Thabal Chongba, that is performed during the Holi festival.
- Manjal Kuli, Kerala - Although Holi isn’t as popular in the Southern states as it is up North, but Kerala has its own Holi celebrations known as Manjal Kuli which takes place at the Konkani temple of Gosripuram, Thirumala. It has its unique set of traditions and culture, definitely worth exploring.
- Phaguwa, Bihar - Holi in Bihar is celebrated with powered colors and colored water but after the ritualistic lighting of the Holi pyre is completed. Bhang consumption is an essential part of the celebrations.
- Phakuwah, Assam - Similar to Dol Jatra in West Bengal, Holi in Assam known as Phakuwah, is celebrated over the course of two days. Clay huts are lit on fire during the first day to signify Holika Dahan and then on the second day the playing with colors begin.
- Rang Panchami, Maharashtra, and Madhya Pradesh - Rang Panchami as the name suggests is a celebration involving colors and takes place on the fifth day, following the Holika Dahan.
- Royal Holi, Udaipur, Rajasthan - This Holi celebration is undertaken by the Mewar royal family of Udaipur, wherein a grand procession of horses and the royal band is taken out after the ritualistic burning of the Holika effigy.
- Musical Holi, Delhi - As straightforward as the name, this celebration involves rain dance party and DJ sessions as much as people having fun with colors. The holi festival dress code generally includes loose kurta and pyjama as holi dress for man and kurtis for women.
Must Visit Places In India During Holi If you’re celebrating Holi in India and haven’t been to Mathura and Vrindavan, then you have seen nothing! Some other places worth visiting would be Delhi, Barsana, Nandgaon, Udaipur, and Jaipur. Visit the culture hub of West Bengal, Shantiniketan to bask in the glory of baul music and travel to Purulia, to soak in the folk culture still alive and kicking, well into the 21st century. Witness the warrior culture at Anandpur Sahib Holi celebrations or retreat into the bygone era with a trip to Hampi, Karnataka. Come to Mumbai, Maharashtra and get lost among the cacophony of colors! In case you can’t make it to the fun destinations, you can drown your sorrows in some retail therapy with Amazon holi offers.
Avail Holi Offers On Travel - Plan The Perfect ‘Holi’days With Flight, Bus, Train and Hotel Bookings This Holi, it is going to be another long weekend. If you are planning a short trip or planning to visit your hometown, you should check out the Holi discount offers from MakeMyTrip, Goomo, Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip and various other booking portals. MakeMyTrip is offering upto Rs 1000 OFF on domestic flights. Get a flat Rs 1000 discount, on self-driven cars on Avis. This is the time to make the most out of flight, cab and hotel bookings. This way, you will easily be able to lower the pocket pinch.
Holi Sale On Amazon And More - Why Shop Online For Holi? Holi sale is upon us and if you are still asking yourself why you should buy holi gifts online, then here are a few compelling reasons: First of all, you can get a wide range of products that no brick and mortar store can offer. Second and most important of all, you can send gifts online to family and friends with just a few clicks on your smartphone and let’s not get started on the free online gift delivery! If you’re still not convinced then how about some of the best holi offers like paytm holi offer and Amazon Holi sale 2018. Get the best of holi festival traditional clothing online at amazing prices with Holi offers on Amazon.
Unique Holi Gifts For Friends & Family Tired of gifting and receiving the same old, boring holi gifts? Worry not, here are some unique holi gifting ideas guaranteed to make surprise your friends and family. Holi is about showering people with colored powder and water, so why not get them something practical like water guns or color sprays. Next to colors, attire is the most important, so how about some nice, traditional holi clothes like kurta pyjama set, kurtis or maybe something simple that will be fun to play Holi in. Now, your folks will want to take pictures during the celebration so, selfie sticks and selfie cameras might be a good gift idea. Onto something that is practical and will be greatly appreciated - Waterproof covers and cases for smartphones, speakers & power banks as well as covers for vehicles to maintain their original color! Post Holi cleaning accessories will be extremely thoughtful, so might as well consider, mops, detergents, skin care products etc. You might want to consider the Flipkart holi offer while choosing gifts for your friends and family.
Holi Offers On Makeup, Beauty & Skincare products You can get amazing discounts and avail products from top brands through online portals like Nykaa during the Holi sales. These products can include the likes of face wash, shampoo and hair conditioner which will help you ease the side effects of chemical colors. Alternatively, you could switch to herbal colors available in stores like Amazon, Flipkart, Indian Gifts Portal and much more.
Update Your Holi Fashion Wardrobe With Awesome Offers Shopping is something that doesn’t wait for anybody or any occasion. If you feel like shopping you will But, yes when you get an extra discount be it for some festival or some occasion, it definitely feels good. Now that it’s Holi, fashion portals like Myntra, Voonik, Indiarush and more are giving away exciting Holi offers both for holi dress for men and women. This is the time to give yourself a makeover. Well, you can also give the rooms a makeover. There are good offers from the online home decor and furniture stores such as FabFurnish, Chumbak and much more.
Here’s How To Have Fun While Being Safe During Holi 2018! While Holi is a fun time to spend with friends and family drenched in colors with matted hair and unrecognizable faces, but there’s a downside to all this - the harm these chemical colors causes to your skin and hair. You don’t have to worry, here are a few things you could do, before, during and after the celebrations to make sure your skin and hair are healthy as ever.
Wear plain pyjamas which aren’t too tight or fancy as it is easy to move around in those. Tight clothes will cling to your body once you’re soaked in colors and can cause you harm. Use skincare products after the celebration to rejuvenate your skin and scalp.
Best Holi Events and Holi Songs 2018
Whether it is a holi party in Bangalore or a holi celebration in Delhi, it’s not complete without a Bollywood holi party, hot songs and all! If you’re in Pune, this Holi then you need to check out the dj paroma event. Be it a pool party in Mumbai or holi events in Bangalore, 'Aaj Na Chhodenge' along with 'Holi Ke Din' are Holi staples for every party. If you missed out on Holi events in Hyderabad, 2017 you better not miss this Holi in Hyderabad. Get the best deals on Wonderla Hyderabad ticket price only at GrabOn and take your family and friends to a fun and memorable outing.
Here are some of the most evergreen Holi songs:
- ‘Rang Barse'
- ‘Ang Se Ang Lagana'
- 'Soni Soni'
- 'Holi Khele Raghuveera'
- 'Do Me A Favour, Let's Play Holi'
- 'Dekho Aayi Re Holi'
- 'Balam Pichkari'
- 'Jai Jai Shiv Shankar'
Spread Festivity With Holi Gift Cards If you’re not sure what to get your family and friends, why not let them choose? Get them Holi Gift Cards from their favorite online fashion store or marketplace portal and let them get something they like and are more likely to use than the boring tea set and kitchenware that you get them every year!
Best Of Holi Offers 2018 On Gifts And Food Items No occasion and no festival can be complete without food and gifts. So is Holi. We know this and have brought together all the exclusive Holi coupons on food and gifts. Calling over a bunch of friends for dinner? No worries. Shop from Indian Gifts Portal and get the best deal on sweets, snacks, chocolates, and cakes. Order from Swiggy and get a flat 33% OFF on order. Get the best of Holi festive shopping offers, be it on groceries or pooja essentials, staples, fruits, dairy products, chocolates, sweets, colors, pichkari and more, without having to worry about the budget. These are not all, we have listed down various other Holi offers on this page. Here’s something even more unconventional and unique, how about tata sky holiday offer? Grab these amazing deals only on GrabOn.
Deals On Holi Accessories During this festival, there are tons of offers and top deals from merchants the likes of Flipkart holi sale where you can buy bright and beautiful colors along with regular and designer/customizable water guns, herbal and organic colors, water balloons and other puja items and accessories like thali made of copper, brass, and other precious metals for worship purposes.
Holi Offers On Electronics & Mobile Phones You can avail amazing deals and offers on smartphones from top brands like Oppo, Micromax, Xiaomi, Lenovo, Apple, Samsung, Vivo and more only during the Holi 2018 sale. Don’t forget to check out exchange offers on portals like Amazon and Flipkart during Holi sales to save yourself a ton of money. If you’re thinking of getting your loved one, a smartphone this is the best time. Wanted to buy a refrigerator or AC but have been waiting for a price drop, there’s good news for you! Be it washing machine, Television sets and other large electronic goods, this is the time to invest in them. You can avail the Flipkart mobile offer of the day and buy the smartphone you like today, at mobile offer price!
If you missed out on the Flipkart Diwali offers on smartphones, here’s your chance to buy one today using mobile offers in Flipkart. You can avail big discounts and price drop offs on mobile shopping. All you need to do is go through the Flipkart today offer list and check out other portals for deals like snapdeal mobile offer. flipkart offers today!
Holi Cashback Deals & Bank Offers During Holi you can avail massive cashback and bank offers on travel, hotel booking, flight ticket booking as well as the purchase of smartphones and other electronic gadgets.
Recharge Offers During Holi Holi recharge offers are here with discounts on mobile recharges and more. You can get discounts using the e-wallets such as Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge and more. Check out the exclusive offers from the mobile wallets! It is indeed a happy Holi!
Avail The Top Holi Discounts With GrabOn! Spread more color this Holi with the jaw-dropping deals that we have lined up for you. Saving more while shopping to your heart’s content has become more fun with these amazing Holi offers. This festival of colors is close to all of our hearts. We plan a lots of things to make the day memorable, be it colors, food or Holi fashion. Well, in the process, you can end up spending lot more than you had intended to. Then, when the festival ends, you definitely may not feel good about it. The best way to keep your finances in shape is to use the Holi deals and offers while shopping online.