Verified Chocolate Coupons, Offers and Promo Codes | Jan 2021
|Category||Chocolate Offers & Coupons||Website|
|Chocolates & Sweets||Flat 5% Cashback||ZopNow|
|Ferrero Rochers||Flat Rs 100 Off||GiftJaipur|
|Chocolates & Bakery||Flat 50% Off||SaleBhai|
|Chocolates||Up to 25% Off||SPAR|
|Chocolates||Up to 40% Off||KinderCart|
What Are The Different Kind Of Chocolates Available?
Chocolates are made by extracting the liquid (chocolate liquor) from cocoa beans by grinding them and then mixing them with emulsifiers, cocoa butter, sugar and milk solids (if required). Based on the proportion of chocolate liquor used, there are three major types of chocolates:
- Dark Chocolate: As the name suggests these type of chocolates have a minimal amount of milk solids used (if any) to provide them a creamy texture but lack the milky flavor of milk chocolate. They contain high amounts of chocolate liquor and are often bittersweet in taste. Higher the proportion of chocolate liquor, higher the bitterness. These type of chocolates are often used in baking.
- Milk Chocolate: The most common type of chocolate, they contain milk solids along with cocoa liquor giving them the creamy and milky flavor. The ratio might vary but the proportions usually are 10% chocolate liquor to 12% milk solids.
- White Chocolate: Devoid of cocoa solids/liquor, these type of chocolates are made with cocoa butter and milk solids along with fats like Lecithin and sugar. They might contain flavorings like Vanilla. The ratio of cocoa butter to milk solids used is 20:14.
Apart from this broad classification, there are several other variations:
- Baking Chocolate: This unsweetened type of chocolate is primarily composed of chocolate liquor and is used in baking recipes where sugar will be added during the process.
- Cacao: Cacao is a broad spectrum that covers the substances that are made from cocoa beans like chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, and cocoa powder. Most chocolates/chocolate products are denoted with % cacao which is the percentage of above-mentioned ingredients in them by weight.
- Cocoa Butter: The naturally occurring fat in cocoa beans that lends chocolate its signature texture and feel.
- Cocoa Solids: Also called cocoa powder, this is what remains when you separate the cocoa butter from the chocolate liquor.
Which Chocolate Should You Gift Your Beloved?
Although it might sound clichéd everybody loves chocolates. Whether it is a birthday, anniversary, wedding or housewarming, chocolates are a great gifting option for all occasions. They come in different variations, shapes, and designs to choose from.
Here are some of the different types of chocolate gifts that you can give your loved ones:
- Assorted Chocolate Box: You can gift your loved ones an assorted box of various dark, milk, and white chocolates. The recipient can choose their pick from the wide range of options. Apart from chocolates, these gift boxes can also be customized to include chocolate dipped dry fruits and nuts.
- Swiss Chocolates: You can never go wrong with the luxurious and sinfully delicious Swiss chocolates. These premium chocolates are perfect for any occasion.
- Turkish Delight: Although strictly not chocolate, this confection is made with starch gel and sugar. It is decorated with slices of dry fruits and flavored with rosewater, lemon extracts, etc.
- Vegan Chocolate: This is perfect for friends and family members who are practicing vegans and would still like to enjoy the taste of chocolate without ingesting any of the non-vegan additives like milk solids and dairy products.
- Chocolate With Truffle And Praline Filling: This sinful combo of truffle, nuts and sugary goodness is guaranteed to make your beloved’s day!