Come October, and the first thing on every mind is the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale. When is it, what is up for grabs, and are they seriously offering the iPhone 11 for less than Rs.49,999? In this article, we’ll find the answers to these questions and much more.
When is Amazon Great Indian Festival 2020?
The Amazon Great Indian Festival is all set to launch on the 17th of October. The sale will kickstart at 12PM and will go on for a few days- how many is yet to be announced. If you’re an Amazon Prime customer, however, you don’t have to wait till 17. The sale opens for you 24 hours prior, i.e., on October 16.
As of today, Amazon Prime has over 10 million users in India. So, if you aren’t one yet, this may be the time to worry about your favorite products going out of stock.
What will be on sale?
At Amazon Great Indian Festival, you can expect lightning deals on a host of categories. These will include Fashion, Electronics, Home & Kitchen, and Food & Gourmet among others.
In Fashion, 20K+ styles will go on sale, each carrying a discount of 50-80%. Users will also get a 30-day window for returns. As for Electronics, the sale will feature crazy deals on laptops, smartphones, camera accessories, and headphones (with headphones starting from as low as Rs.399!). Coming to Home & Kitchen, there will be never-seen-before deals. For example, A previously Rs.6,149 costing gas stove will now be available to you for under 2,000.
The sale will feature thousands of big brands and lakhs of Small & Medium Business (SMB) companies.
This event will allow SMBs across India to reach a wide pool of customers. Perfectly timed before Navratri, Diwali, Dhanteras, and the Wedding Season, the Great Indian Festival is an interesting opportunity for topical stores, artisans, and small manufacturers to put their unique selection of products on display.
Deals to watch out for
There is no doubt that this will be the biggest sale of the country this year. Amazon has already revealed a handful of deals that have started making the rounds on the internet. These include the Samsung Galaxy M51 at its lowest recorded prices. Along with Samsung, you will also see unbelievable offers on the OnePlus 8 5G series, the Redmi Note series, and iPhone.
Water purifiers will be made available at 50% discounts, while all kitchen & home appliances will be seeing a price slash up to 75%. With mobile accessories starting from as low as Rs.49, and an under-299 store in place, you can expect to stuff your cart more than ever before.
HDFC offers, Amazon Pay offers, Bajaj Finserv offers, and more
The biggest benefits will come in the form of bank offers and no-cost EMIs throughout the sale. HDFC customers will get instant 10% discounts on their purchases. At the same time, Bajaj Finserv will offer a credit limit of up to Rs.1,00,000 with no-cost EMI to its cardholders. Amazon Pay is next to no one when it comes to pleasing its customers either. On using Amazon Pay to purchase your products, you will get shopping reward benefits up to Rs.500 each day.
What’s more? 5% cashback and Amazon Coupons will be up for grabs throughout the sale, and you can always redeem them against your bills.
When is the best time to shop?
Since new deals will be updated on Amazon’s portal every 30 minutes, you’re bound to miss some. But that’s alright. The most exclusive deals will be out during the Golden Hours, i.e., between 8 PM to 12 PM, and will be accessible only on the Amazon mobile app.
Will you benefit more with a Prime Membership?
As the sale starts 24 hours early for Prime customers, you may be wondering if Amazon Prime is the right way to go for you.
Apart from an early access to most sales on Amazon, an Amazon Prime membership will give you:
- Free one-day delivery
- Unlimited access to Amazon Prime Video
- Unlimited, ad-free access to Amazon Prime Music
- Access to Prime Reading
- Exclusive Deals of the Day for Prime Members
Prime membership is available in two tiers: monthly at Rs.129 and yearly at Rs.999. However, you can get it for Rs.329 for 3 months here.
Amazon Great Indian Festival Highlights
- Over 900 new product launches: This year, the Amazon Great Indian Festival will see a host of new product launches from brands like Samsung, OnePlus, Honor, and AmazonBasics. Some of the most awaited launches include OnePlus 8T 5G, Honor watch ES, and Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite.
- Additional benefits: Upon purchasing appliances, buyers will get the option to opt for extended warranty starting at Rs.99, No-cost EMI starting at Rs.399/month, 48 hours installation, and exchange offers up to Rs.18,000.
- Infrastructure expansion: To keep up with the expected demands, Amazon has ramped up its delivery infrastructure, adding close to 200 delivery stations. It has also added 60 fulfilment centers in 15 states, and recruited tens of thousands of delivery partners.
- SMB Support: Out of the lakhs of small & medium businesses participating in the sale, 74% are optimistic about seeing recovery in business (as per a recent survey conducted by Nielsen).